The Fiddle Time series provides some of the best and most exciting repertoire for young violinists. Packed with lively original tunes, easy duets, and traditional pieces, the books are carefully paced and organized to build confidence every step of the way.
Fiddle Time Sprinters includes:
- pieces using the finger pattern 01-2-34, plus low 2nd fingers and high 3rd fingers
- 2nd and 3rd position pieces
- a range of bowing techniques, including spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing
- original pieces and duets in a range of styles, plus well-known pieces
- pieces using modes, the chromatic and blues scales, and dominant 7ths, linking with Fiddle Time Scales 2
- a CD of performances and backings, with drumkit and bass added for the jazz and rock numbers